It is time to level up. That’s the feeling you get when you know you’ve been stuck at a place or in a professional position too long. This is the feeling I got before we decided to move out west. I felt like I had done all I could do as far as my job went. I mean don’t get me wrong, in the past two years, I learned a lot and became a better news producer. But to be honest, my passion is doing entertainment news. While in Jacksonville, I worked in a lot of different situations in which I gained a lot of skills. I also feel like I’ve learned what I need to move on to learn a new position. When you feel like you’ve maxed out, it’s time to level up.
As a millennial, we aren’t meant to stay in one place for too long. Personally, I’m a nomadic person. I go where I feel like is best for me. Soon, I’m sure I’ll find a place to settle. By place I mean job and city. But right now, I’m trying to grow. And while you can do that in your current position when the opportunity is presented to you, sometimes those opportunities aren’t there, and your current position may feel stagnant to you.
So, what are the signs that you should be aware of when it’s time to level up? Let me explain.
- You’ve maxed out.
- You have succeeded in everything that you have done in your current position and there is no more room for you to grow.
- You feel like you want more.
- You’re not satisfied in your current position- you feel like you’re in a weird mood where you’re not happy, but you’re not unhappy either.
- You search for new positions.
- You start looking into new opportunities, new places to live, even new jobs in new fields. You find yourself searching for that “more” that you long for.
- Those are the three main things I felt when I started debating my next move. So now you’re probably wondering “how do I move on?” Well, if you are in a relationship, you need to first consult with your partner. It’s so important for you and your partner to be on the same page. That is the only way you can move on and be happy about it. when my husband agreed to move, it was a great moment for me because I knew we would be starting another great journey. He moved with me to Florida when we were engaged, no he’s taking another big step by moving with me to Arizona, and I feel like it’s a level up for the both of us.
It’s also important to understand why you are making drastic changes. While we all want better and to move up to the top, sometimes when we search for change, we search aimlessly not knowing why or what we want. If you still need time to grow, you should take that time before you decide to do something drastic.
If you have the opportunity to do something that will better you and make you happy, always cease that opportunity. Making the decision to move out west is almost the best thing my husband and I could have done. It’s a great move for me, him, and our baby for some many reasons, it was almost a no brainer to make the decision.
As I told you before, accepting change is a good thing because it happens for a reason. And when you’re making the change to level up, you’re putting yourself in a better position.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. Romans 8:18